Friday, May 18, 2007

Welcome to Brazil

Hey, all. I actually only have a few minutes to say all is well. The beaches of Rio de Janeiro are very beautiful. I think that I sweat off about ten pounds in the last two days- working hard carying sand, stones, and cement up 5 flights +/- to a community center, where we there have to mix concrete for the floor by hand; so, yes, I am very tired.

Unfortunately, I cannot access a USB port so there will be no pix this time. The group dynamic is great, and I am deepening relationships with old friends as well as building new ones (and yes, Cole, Mr. Larry is here with me- thaanks for asking dude!) God has given me opportunities to talk with people on a deeper level, and also to be open about my life and the grace He has shown to as well as the result this has had on my relationships. We have done some group activities to increase the depth of communication between people, and I would ask that you pray that the Lord would fill me with a boldness to show the greatness of His person in these opportunities.

People are yeling at me to go, so I have to sign off. Until then, I miss you all.

No comments: