Saturday, August 25, 2007

Safe and Sound!

Hey, y'all,

I have safely arrived at my home away from home yesterday at 6:15 pm. What a different experience living so far from home. I think at this point the newness of it all is keeping me sane.

God has been good, though, there is no doubt in that. The border guard gave me a hard time because I brought most of my tools over with me. He wasn't too happy, and threatened that they might not let me through . . . and that was it. Miracle #1. Then, inside the customs and immigration office, they asked for proof of finances, to prove to them that I would not end up a public ward and leech off the American system- as if :S Anyway, I had nothing, since much of the proof they were asking for was confidential and sent directly to WTS. So, I prayed. The guy said he had to talk to his supervisor, but it looked like I wouldn't be able to get my visa processed. The only "proof" of finances I had was a letter from WTS stating that I had "documented sufficient financial resources for [my] study at Westminster Seminary" and that I was admitted into the program. I continued to pray for a miracle as the guy talked with his supervisor, and God heard that prayer. They processed the visa on the good word of the Seminary, which apparently is unusual. Praise God! I signed the documents and got outta there before they had a chance to change their minds.

So that was the beginning of quite a long and tiring drive. A construction impediments, a roll-over accident, and two pit stops later, I arrived at my destination.



My address here is 2450 Norwood Ave., Roslyn, PA 19001



Next week I have orientation and meet-and-greets on Tuesday and Wednesday, and my classes start Sept. 6, so I probably will have time for some sightseeing. I'll keep you posted.

Please continue to pray for me, especially for this coming week. Thanks, and God bless!

No comments: